First Base – Emotional Factors
Emotions are not just psychological, they are also physiological and therefore almost always have some effect on the body. Sometimes these effects can be just as destructive as any bacteria, virus or toxin. These physiological reactions to stress are the focus of Neuro Emotional Technique (NET).
The Neuro Emotional Technique is a methodology used to normalize both unresolved physical and behavioral patterns in the body. In fact, NET sees these physical and behavioral patterns as being two sides of the same coin. This is because the terms “mind” and “body” are considered as two aspects of the organism as a whole, just as “heads” and “tails” are words descriptive of two aspects of a coin. Inseparable.
NET practitioners are trained to assist the body’s healing process by identifying and balancing unresolved emotional influences— and the compromised physiological underpinnings of emotions. It’s a true mind-body approach. It is not a replacement for counseling. Its aim is to detach an emotion from a physical response – like the chronically tight neck, a painful back, or irritated digestive system.
First Base – Neuro Emotional Technique (NET) Basics
Dr. Hoover will use muscle testing, body reflex points and information gathering around emotional issues to help the recollection of traumas retained in your body. These traumas can often be the cause of pain, organ malfunction or other distress. NET offers a quick and painless resolution of chronic and acute health issues that have not responded to other methods of treatment.
NET Helps You Move Beyond Your Past
Why is that we often feel stuck, repeating the same patterns the same way getting the same results? Just as touching the flame of a stove, a toddler is conditioned (taught) about fire, your past experiences have conditioned you to respond in ways that may restrict your personal growth.
Simply put, your biography becomes your biology. NET recognizes that emotions are “physiologically locked” in the body. How you act and feel today is determined by your subconscious memory, and your past conditioning. These “locked” emotions can sometimes manifest themselves emotionally or physiologically (see “What Can NET Treat”). By accessing these emotions/memories, NET works to change the “computer code of behavior.”
Neuro Emotional Technique, a safe, scientific, and elegant tool which provides:
- Congruency and Balance between what you think and feel say and do
- Living in the present moment with Confidence and Vitality
- A means to let go of old behavior patterns, allowing new perceptions and new, successful behavior
Your NET doctor is a specialist in working with past conditioning to remove these self limiting beliefs, phobias, and negative body symptoms.
First Base – What can NET Treat?
NET is a very flexible approach which can address just about any kind of physical condition or emotional phobia that you might have. A partial list of examples that Dr. Hoover has worked on include:
Body Symptoms /Organ Dysfunction
- Incontinence / bed-wetting
- Female hormonal issues
- Gastric ulcers
- Self mutilation
- Public speaking
- Fear of heights
- Fear of flying
- Fear of death
- Anxiety attacks
- Parenting problems
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Attention deficit disorder
- Conflict resolution
- Anger management
- Eating disorder
- Sibling rivalry
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Bi-polar disorder
- Gender identity disorder
- Healthy boundary issues
It is important to note that NET does not cure or heal the patient. Rather, NET removes blocks, ALLOWING the body to repair itself.
First Base – How Does NET Work?
Emotions are traditionally thought of as being normal functions of human beings and generally pose no neuro-physiological problem. Occasionally, emotional trauma can cause a physiopathological related pattern in the body, which does not resolve of itself.
Fear, Anger, Grief, Disgust, and many others — can negatively influence our health when they don’t resolve normally. Our responses can even be conditioned from just one life experience, especially if it was a traumatic event. When our body fails to “let go” it can have a negative effect on our beliefs, our behaviors, and even our physical body. The “emotional baggage” associated with past events in our lives can sometimes trouble us for years. Unresolved negative emotions are stored in our bodies, often sabotaging our true desires; even our health. NET seeks to normalize this pattern by physiological change; a result of a physical intervention versus a traditional talk-it-out approach.
A Simple Test
We can help you identify and “let go” of stuck emotional events (real or imagined) that are locked in a particular body part. By testing a muscle response, usually using your arm, we can identify where in your body the particular emotionally charged memory is being held. You’ll be asked to form a mental picture, or “snapshot,” of the original triggering event.
Making the Correction
When you recall the mental picture of the triggering event, your body will respond in a way that is similar to its original response. You will be asked to touch a particular body point which will help your body “let go” of the stuck emotional event. The Doctor will make a simple and painless spinal correction. It’s really that simple.
You’re Always in Control
After the correction, many patients report feeling that a burden has been lifted from their shoulders. Generally the procedure is both simple and comfortable. If it becomes too personal or uncomfortable, simply tell the doctor.
You can be assured of the fact that you’re always in control.
First Base – Five Myths About Healing…
1. My life is defined by my wound.
- Do you make excuses for why you’re not doing more positive things with your life?
- Do you compare your history of wounds with others? If so, why?
- If you feel more wounded than someone else, does that make you feel more empowered?
2. Being healthy means being alone.
- Are you afraid that if you heal, your support group will abandon you or be less sympathetic to you?
- When you picture yourself as healed, are you the only one in the room?
- Do you see emotional wounds as a means of bonding with another? Does healing mean having to separate from that person?
3. Feeling pain means being destroyed by pain.
- Do you think of pain as always being an enemy?
- Have you ever learned anything from physical pain? If so, what?
- To cope with pain, are you more inclined to take chemical medication or some other inner discipline?
- Have you ever been addicted to pain medication or sleeping pills?
4. All illness is the result of negativity. We are damaged at our core.
- Are you always searching for what you did to deserve your illness?
- Do you believe that until you uncover what you did wrong, you won’t be able to heal?
- Do you find yourself dwelling on negative experiences from the past, believing that doing this actually enhances your healing?
5. True change in impossible.
- Am I fulfilled by the life I am leading?
- How do you imagine change?
- Troublesome and depressing?
- Adventuresome and exciting?
- Out of control and chaotic?
First Base – Related web sites
The Neuro Emotional Technique website, educating both patients and health care professionals about NET, Neuro Emotional Technique.
Dedicated to scientific research of natural healing methods and demonstrating Neuro Emotional Technique as an effective methodology for intervening in a broad spectrum of physical, emotional, and psychological conditions NET, Neuro Emotional Technique.
Watch videos about “An Introduction to NET” and “Explanation of the Home Run Formula” and learn how NET can benefit you.
Image: Vlado / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image: photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image: ambro / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image: tungphoto / FreeDigitalPhotos.net